What is Full Mouth Reconstruction – Tips from The Specialist Emanuele Cicero
If you’re uncomfortable with your smile and looking for a boost in confidence, a visit with your specialist may be the solution.
Oral rehabilitation can restore a mouth lost to decay and misuse, correct problems from birth, and improve your overall oral health.
The specialist will be able to restore or create dento-facial harmony with the use of fixed prosthesis.
What is a full mouth rehabilitation?
The point of proceeding with a complete mouth rehabilitation is the restoration and / or improvement of a functional and aesthetic dentition.
In addition to the inherent complexity of such treatment, having to choose from a variety of materials and techniques can make the procedure even more challenging.
Moreover, the specialist is also aware that each face is unique, he knows how to enhance its features. The individuality of a patient’s appearance is the goal of a specialist in Prosthodontics.
The main activity that Dr. Emanuele Cicero overlooks in teaching, researching and practicing is complete oral rehabilitation in fixed prostheses, working with an individualized approach to prosthetically improve or restore dentofacial harmony.
The most relevant criteria for the treatment sequence and for decision-making about vertical occlusal dimension can then be discussed with the patient in the process of defining functional and aesthetic guidelines.
The final decision on the ceramic material is then analyzed on the basis of its functional and aesthetic results, as well as on the expected long- term clinical performance based on the patient’s condition without neglecting the requirements of biocompatibility, aesthetics, long-term prognosis and treatment longevity.
Digital technology helps the doctor in this phase, allowing the specialist to:
- Virtually plan the prosthesis and the positioning of teeth;
- Virtually plan implant placement, if necessary.
What are the treatment benefits?
Also known as full mouth reconstruction, as the name suggests, complete mouth rehabilitation involves the restoration and / or replacement of teeth.
Dr. Emanuele Cicero, specialist in prosthodontics and oral rehabilitation, Assistant Professor at Tufts University uses an individualized approach to prosthetically enhance or restore dentofacial harmony.
Can I proceed with an oral rehabilitation treatment? What are the requirements?
Some dental problems need to be treated comprehensively: that is, with a final result that improves both function and aesthetics.
Patients who suffer from these problems may present with multiple missing teeth, teeth with unsuccessful fillings, caries, fractured or severely worn teeth due to bruxism (tooth grinding) or other dysfunctional habits.
There are also patients born with diseases such as ectodermal dysplasia, amelogenesis or i dentinogenesis imperfecta who will need extensive restorations. These patients may be candidates for oral rehabilitation.
The main stages of oral rehabilitation are:
- Listening and communication with the patient: a delicate phase with the aim of informing the patient regarding the most appropriate treatment.
- Facial analysis: a phase that consists in an accurate analysis of the somatic features of the face and defining the aesthetic guidelines for the prosthetic rehabilitation;
- Dento-labial analysis: a phase that analyzes how teeth and lips interact in order to obtain an excellent aesthetic integration;
- Phonetic analysis: evaluation of the dento-labial position during phonetics to determine the dental arches relationship as well as the length and position of the teeth;
- Dental analysis: optimizing the shape, proportion and positioning of the teeth to create optimal aesthetics and correct function;
Gingival analysis: essential phase to improve the teeth outline and gingival appearance for periodontal health.
Book your visit
If you want to know more, you can contact us and evaluate your oral health in order to proceed with the most appropriate and specific treatment. Dr. Emanuele Cicero and his staff will be able to answer any question.
You can evaluate costs and opportunities of a similar treatment with us by booking a comprehensive examination and visit.
Contact us now to schedule an appointment!